Scale Model Steam Locomotive #RCToyChallengeYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Created in RealityCapture by Capturing Reality from 144 images in 00h:10m:16s.
German Steam Locomotive 81 002 from Märklin in H0 scale. I am always impressed by the detail of these model trains, and decided to attempt a photogrammetry scan. I think RC did a good job, considering the small model size and the black reflective metal.
Regarding the workflow:
- Camera: Nikon D7000
- Lens: Nikkor 60mm Macro Lens
- Aperture: f32
- Shutter Speed: around 1/250s
- Lighting setup: Two small flash heads with diffusor boxes
- Alignment, Reconstruction in Normal Detail, Color Correction, Texturing and Export of simplified mesh (RealityCapture)
- Minor retouching (flattening and filling) (Blender)
- Import of retouched mesh, Texture Reprojection and upload to Sketchfab (RealityCapture)
- Texture retouching of some minor issues (paint.net)
I found the following Tutorial series from RealityCapture very useful: https://youtu.be/DTJq1Dz0nxY