Small statue made of metalic wired and fabric. The dolls were in honour for the Polish and Slovenian workers that moved to the Netherlands around 1920 to work in the mines. These foreigners were experienced miners since they worked in their countries’ industries, and were looking for opportunities in the developing Dutch mining indutry. They brought numerous traces of their own culture and customs, such as Polish and Slovenian dance and music associations that were established later in the Netherlands. The outfit wore by the characters is traditional clothing from a music company (muziekgezelschap).
Located in the Nederlands Mijnmuseum, Heerlen.
Created by: Paulo, Golovattei