Loading 3D model
The larger than life baroque sandstone statue (1634) in front of the castle Asparn represents Seyfried Lienhard Count Breuner. He was Baron of Stübing, Fladnitz and Rabenstein and chamberlain of the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire Rudolf II. Castle Asparn was built up in 1421 by Reinprecht II of Wallsee-Enns in its present form. After several changes of ownership, the castle was owned in 1611 by the Chamber President Seyfried Christopf Freiherr von Breuner. The neighboring Minorite monastery and the hospital were founded by him. In 1645 the castle was heavily devastated by the Swedes. In 1651 Seyfried Lienhard Graf Breuner initiated extensive construction work, the castle received its current appearance. Since 1970 the castle has been used as a museum for prehistory, since 2014 also for early history and medieval archeology.