I really like this week’s Sketchfab’s texturing challenge: I am a part time skateboarder myself, and this gives me the opportunity to improve the texturing / baking workflow I use in blender, and integrated into BakeMyScan.
A few remarks concerning this model:
- “An error occured making your model downloadable”: Hope this will be fixed soon :)
- Ground shadows and baked AO are awesome !
- An usual skateboard has 7 plys of wood, so I played with edge slides and subdivisions to create them.
- The UVs are not straight, creating aliasing issues on the edges after baking.
- General baking errors.
- The griptape repeat pattern is too obvious.
- That board is a boring basis for further experiments. I’ll add art/colors/effects after!
- Golden bearings are probably not so common…
- BakeMyScan did not support baking from multiple materials until now: corrected for the next release.