St George's Garrison ChurchYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
The preserved ruin and crypt of St George’s Garrison Church in Woolwich, London. The church was built in the Italian-Romanesque style in 1862-63 as a place of worship for Woolwich Royal Artillery garrison. In 1944 it was hit by a V1 flying bomb and largely destroyed by fire. The church was also bombed in the First World War when the stained glass was blown out. It has now been preserved with a memorial garden within the nave and the Venitian mosaics around the chancel, largely survive. The church was designed by Thomas Henry Wyatt (1807-1880) with his younger brother, Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt (1820-1877).
6546 photos taken in November 2021 with a Sony a7R III and processed in Reality Capture. Wall tops at west (entrance) end have been hand painted as they could not be photographed.
Thank you to Trevor Ley for the original introduction and to Timothy Barnes for permission and access.