The Temple of Jupiter Anxur (Italian: Tempio di Giove Anxur) is an Ancient Roman temple that is located in Terracina, Italy. The temple was built between the mid-second and mid-first century BC and is dedicated to Jupiter, who was the protector of Anxur. It was located along the Via Appia which passed through the city of Terracina and is situated atop Mount Sant’Angelo. The site is erected on top of a terraced platform that uses opus incertum. The largest temple is dedicated to Jupiter while a smaller temple dedicated to Venus Obsequens (“Indulgent Venus”) sat next to it. After the Roman period, the sanctuary was destroyed.The remains were known in the medieval times as “Theodoric’s palace,” and in the early Middle Ages, a monastery dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel occupied the smaller temple. The interior was transformed into a church, and 9th-century frescos can still be found inside. The first excavations of the temple date to 1894 by Pio Capponi.