The altarpiece - the CrucifixionYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
The altarpiece was procured for Esrum Abbey by its abbot in 1496, Peder Andersen. After the Lutheran Reformation it was used in St. Olaf Church in Elsinore and later in Holme Olstrup Church in southern Sjalland. National Museum of Denmark (Copenhagen, Denmark). Made with Memento Beta (now ReMake) from AutoDesk.
The central part of a triptych. The main subject is the Crucifixion, depicted with attendant crowds. On the side compartments are five saints. On the left, above, St. Bernhard of Clairvaux, the main figure of the Cistercian order. In a vision he helped Christ to descend from the cross. Below St. Julia, who defeated and bound the devil. On the right, above, St. Ursula and ten of the 71,000 virgins who joined her in martyrdom at the hands of the Huns. Below, St. Felicitas and an unidentified female saint.
For more updates, please follow @GeoffreyMarchal on Twitter.