The King's Fountain Column, Linlithgow Palace3D Model
Built in the courtyard of Linlithgow Palace in 1536-38, the King’s Fountain is the oldest fountain that survives in its original location in Britain.
When it was in use, water would have cascaded between three basins held within its octagonal structure. Richly carved with figures and symbols of James V’s importance, it was intended to impress visitors to the Palace.
This column came from the lower part of the fountain. It was removed to protect it from weathering when the fountain was restored from 2000-2005.
For information on visiting Linlithgow Palace, see our website.
1800 x 490 x 405mm
LLP/o/42 | Rae Project