known as The New Bishopric, was built in the period 11th 13th century.In 16th century the church was elongated and in the 18th century a nartex was added.The church is a three-nave basilica. The church was built in stones and bricks. For the construction of the church many architectural elements -cornises, capitals, reliefs of destroied earlier buildings were secondary used.The date of the church’s painting is marked on a donator’s inscription–1599.There are 258 mural paintings and more than 1000 figures.Scenes from the Miracles of Christ, according to the Gospel legends are given in all range.The style shows that three painters have worked-two of them on the eastern part of the naos ant the third-on the western.Later, in the 18th century, the scenes of the Last Judgement’s day were painted on the eastern part of the nartex in traditional iconographic style for the time.An original painted iconostasis,dated back to 16th century and wood-carved throne and a pulpit from 18th century are preserved in the church.
Comments