Tullich 4, Carved Cross StoneYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Tullich 4 is one of 27 carved stones found at the Tullich Church site in Aberdeenshire. The stone is incised with an outline Latin cross with hollow angles (semi-circular outlines at the “armpits” of the cross). The ends of the arms of open, without a terminal line. The stone is thought to date from the later Pictish - Early Medieval period (7th – 10th Centuries AD). It is a pale pink granite stone, measuring 540 x 320 x 90-180mm. It was found sometime between 1922 and 1968, most likely during grave digging around the church, but the exact findspot is unknown. Visit the Aberdeenshire HER for more information on this stone and site. Scanning & modelling commissioned by Aberdeenshire Council Archaeology Service and executed by Spectrum Heritage.