We’re pleased to announce that AVATAVI, an app that allows you to see and manipulate your avatar in augmented reality (AR), now supports the import of Sketchfab models directly into the app.
AVATAVI lets users explore the world with their avatars. Once an avatar has been imported into the app, users can take photos or videos of them—or with them—in AR. AVATAVI is available for iOS, iPhone 6S or later.
Users can currently import any free, Creative Commons-licensed downloadable model into the app. In the future, AVATAVI plans to integrate direct import of purchased Sketchfab Store assets.
How to import an avatar from Sketchfab
- Open AVATAVI and click the Home button at the top left of the screen.
- Click the Add Avatar button at the bottom of the screen.
- Next to the Add from Sketchfab option, click the Login button.
- Log in to your Sketchfab account and grant AVATAVI permission to access your account.
- Use AVATAVI’s search bar to find an avatar that you like.
- Once you’ve selected the model that you want to use, click the back button to bring it into AR.
- Aim your camera at a horizontal surface and tap to place the avatar.
To see all apps that offer direct import from Sketchfab, check out our Importers page.