This is a video tutorial from Eugene Opperman of musecreative.net on how to prepare your models for an upload to Sketchfab from Cinema 4D:
The final model:
You can also use our exporter, to upload directly from C4D, it’s available (for Mac) here.
Thanks Eugene, and welcome to all our C4D users!
Here is a bit more info for manual export:
- Edit all that can be edited: Boolean symmetries HyperNurbs, everything must be passed polygonal.
- Then, for each polygonal object, click the Object menu (in the Object Manager) and choose Conform object.
- A window appears. Check illumination (if you rigged lighting) and unique texture, set the texture size (bigger is, the better the result, the longer the conformation).
- Choose a path and format, choose jpeg.
- Then click Conform.
- Repeat for each object. You can also connect + delete your polygonal objects to do at once, but the result may be less good. UV unfolding performed correctly is preferable, but not mandatory.
- Then select the object or objects created, copy (ctrl + C or Command + C), create a new scene and paste. For each material, copy the image channel in the channel luminescence color and luminescence disable the channel.
- On the File menu, save the project and then export your scene format Collada 1.4.
- Unzip the folder and send it obtained on the platform.