We are pleased to announce that MootUp, a virtual event platform, now supports direct import of Sketchfab models into its events.
MootUp is a fully customizable 3D WebXR virtual events and meetings platform that scales to tens of thousands of participants. Users can choose from over 50 space templates, such as exhibition halls, streaming stages, cafes, lounges, or breakout rooms, or create their own spaces from scratch. All these spaces can be decorated with models from Sketchfab.
MootUp users can now import both CC-licensed models and purchased Sketchfab Store assets into MootUp. Events on MootUp can be viewed on any device, including laptops, desktops, mobile phones, and VR and AR headsets, no installation required.
This integration is made possible by the Sketchfab API.
How it works
To import Creative Commons-licensed models as an editor:
- Click the Pencil+ icon in the top right toolbar.
- Choose Add content from the menu.
- Search for a model by typing in the search field.
- Click on the picture of the model to add it to the space.
- The model can be resized and rotated using the blue controls.
To import models from the Sketchfab Store:
- Log in to Sketchfab.
- Under Purchases, find the model and choose Download.
- Click the Download button for the glTF format.
- Save the glTF zip file on your local device.
- Unzip the file to show its files and folders.
- Upload the unzipped folder and files (retaining the original folder, file structures and file names) to the MootUp’s included cloud storage or your own server.
- Copy the URL of the uploaded scene.gltf file.
- Paste the URL into the 3D platform.
- Pencil+ > Add content
- Paste the URL in the search field
- Click the Import button
- The 3D item will appear in the space ready to be positioned.
To learn out more about using Sketchfab in MootUp’s virtual events, visit MootUp.