We’re thrilled to announce that our new Lightwave exporter is out! Your LW life is about to be easier, and the upload process as seamless as it possibly can be. With this new exporter, Lightwave users can upload models to Sketchfab directly from the software.
If you don’t feel like watching the tutorial, here is a step-by-step for installing the exporter:
- Download the exporter here (you’ll get two files .py and a folder containing the exporter)
- Copy and paste them in your Lightwave 11.6.3 folder (path is Lightwave > support > plugins > scripts > Python > Layout > Master)
- Now when you’ll launch Lightwave you’ll be able to access the plugin interface by going under the utilities tab > master plugins > add layout > Python-Sketchfab
- Before to upload a model you can fill in those different fields : Title, description, tags, enable private if you have a pro account with us. Plus fill in your API key (you can find it in your password settings).
- Uncheck rotate vertical axis
- If your object contains sub-patches, click “Yes” to freeze them
- Click upload, you’re done!
Note : If you get the error “object contains NGons”, you need to get your object triangulated (can be done in modeler before to upload).
All thats left is for you to go download it! We can’t wait to see your Lightwave models around the platform, and as always don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.