We are pleased to announce that Prevu3D, a platform for the creation of 3D models based on real-life environments, now supports the direct import of Sketchfab models into their desktop application.
Prevu3D lets users convert laser-scanned point clouds into accurate, photorealistic, and interactive meshed environments without the need for high-powered computers; the resulting 3D environments can then be used to better manage brownfield engineering projects. Now it’s possible to import any downloadable 3D model from Sketchfab into Prevu3D, allowing Prevu3D users to add any 3D assets in order to redesign facilities in the manufacturing, food production, and energy sectors.
How to import models into Prevu3D from Sketchfab
- From within your Prevu3D environment, click the import icon, and then select the Sketchfab logo from the dropdown.
- Log in to your Sketchfab account. Click ‘Ok’ on the confirmation popup.
- Search for the 3D model that you would like to include in your scene. Click the model bring it into your scene.
- In the Import pop-up, adjust settings as needed and click ‘Import’.
- Place the model in the scene and start re-designing the facility.
To see all apps that offer direct import from Sketchfab, check out our Importers page.