ReVault lets you store your files locally and get all the benefits of the public cloud without an internet connection. It features auto-backup, auto-sync, file restore, media streaming and notifications. It comes in two sizes, 32GB and 128GB, and it’s compatible with Android, IOS, Windows, OS X and Linux devices.
While you can wear it any way you want, all wearables need a charging dock, so the contest challenge is to design a beautiful, functional charging dock for the ReVault. It has to be something that people will be proud to showcase in their homes.
Since it’s a watch shape, the charging stand can’t be flat, or a ReVault with steel band would not be able to charge on it. It has to have an ‘arm’ that the puck can sit in, here’s some design inspiration to get you started
- Download the template file of the watch with the puck to help you design your charging stand
- The stand needs to include a 52.5mm (diameter) x 2.4mm (depth) circular indentation to sit the puck into, and a hole somewhere for the cord to come out of.
- Dimensions of the watch are available here
- Modify it any way you want – add textures, change the shape, let your imagination run wild but be sure to leave the connections open
Upload your design to Sketchfab with the tag “ReVault”. You can enter as many times as you like, just tag each entry.
Contest closes June 5th, 2015 at 11:59pm EST. Winners will be announced by June 10th, 2015.
We can’t wait to see what you create, so feel free to share your designs with us on social media @Sketchfab and @RevaultIO.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions
- No cash or other alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab or ReVault employees or their families.
- The promoters decision is final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ReVault to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard terms and conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- Winners design may be manufactured and sold by ReVault.
- The winner will be contacted by June 10th, 2015.
- The ReVault is planned to be shipped in January 2016.
- Promoter: Sketchfab, Suite 504, 900 Broadway, New York, NY, USA, 10013.