It’s time to flex your Sketchfab muscles. This week we challenge you to transform the look and feel of Calvin Bastian’s “Gaming Guy Room” by using only the settings available to you in the Sketchfab 3D Editor. Just download Calvin’s model and upload it to your account (making sure to add the appropriate model credit) and then get to work.
- Download the glTF version of “Gaming Guy Room” and upload it to your Sketchfab account.
- Only use the files and data from the original model (do not add sound, custom backgrounds, etc.).
- Give the model a unique title and briefly describe what settings you chose.
- Once you’ve uploaded the model to Sketchfab, edit the 3D Settings, and tag it #GamingGuyChallenge.
- Credit Calvin Bastian for their model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Gaming Guy Room](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/gaming-guy-room-f6943c83d7af4bd598d1859b326578cf)" by [Calvin Bastian](https://sketchfab.com/kriticalv), licensed under CC-Attribution.
- Submission deadline is Monday, January 25, 2021 (23:59 New York time – EST).
Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and effective use of 3D Editor settings.
- Mieke Roth, Phil Gosch, Renafox, Geoffrey Marchal, and Kevin Cayuela Borg, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart, Tom, and Abby, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision is final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #GamingGuyChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, January 29, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.