For our first ever Sketchfab 3D Editor Challenge, we’re interested in what a difference 3D settings make to how a model looks in the Sketchfab viewer. We’re supplying you with a model that needs a little help to really shine, and we want you to make it pop, using only the settings available via the 3D Settings button (see our Help Center for all available options). Lighting! Materials! Post-processing! Annotations! Use as much or as little as you want, doing your best to hit the settings sweet spot.
UPDATE: Winner – Early Hours – Sketchfab 3D Editor Challenge by Thanos Bompotas
@Glenatron, the model’s artist, says:
Really looking forward to seeing what you guys do to this scene and how you present it, especially when it comes to lighting and post processing! Good luck with sifting through the materials and figuring out what corresponds to what, and apologies for the some of the random material names (but hey ho, that’s game dev!)”
TL;DR: Download the glTF version of the model above, upload it to your Sketchfab account and use Sketchfab’s 3D Settings to make the model look its best, tag it #3DEditorChallenge.
Another note: we just realised that the glTF model is more than 50MB. If you’re on a free plan, email Bart and he’ll copy it into your account.
- Give the model a title and briefly describe what settings you chose.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve uploaded the model to Sketchfab, edit the 3D Settings, and tag it #3DEditorChallenge.
- Credit Glenatron for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Littlest Tokyo](https://sketchfab.com/models/d5ca33dacf10459a92a8de25fb362a23)" by [glenatron](https://sketchfab.com/glenatron), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, December 10th (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Glenatron, creator of the Littlest Tokyo scene
- Mieke Roth, Abby Crawford, Renafox and Geoffrey Marchal, Sketchfab Masters
- Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team
- The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #3DEditorChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, December 14.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.