For this challenge, we want you to use just the Sketchfab 3D Editor to make adjustments to the look and feel of Artjoms Horosilovs’ Sea Keep “Lonely Watcher” model. Your entries will be judged on how well you make use of the many features that the 3D Editor has to offer and the overall effect that you create.
Wondering what’s possible with the 3D Editor? Check out our 3D Settings help page to learn more or pick up some clever tips that you might not have known!
UPDATE: Winner – Tower Lost in Space by TonyS (@tonykun)
To see what the judges had to say about the winning entry, check out the Forum.
TL;DR: Download the glTF version of the model above, upload it to your Sketchfab account and use Sketchfab’s 3D Settings to make the model look its best, tag it #SeaKeepChallenge.
Important note: be sure to download the glTF version of Artjoms’ model as it will re-upload perfectly. The FBX version needs some manual adjustments on several texture channels.
- Give the model a title and briefly describe what settings you chose.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve uploaded the model to Sketchfab, edit the 3D Settings, and tag it #SeaKeepChallenge.
- Credit Artjoms Horosilovs for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Sea Keep "Lonely Watcher"](https://sketchfab.com/models/09a15a0c14cb4accaf060a92bc70413d)" by [Artjoms Horosilovs](https://sketchfab.com/Artjoms_Horosilovs), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Submission deadline is Monday, February 4th (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Artjoms Horosilovs, creator of the Sea Keep scene
- Phil Gosch, Rik Biggelaar, Kevin Cayuela Borg, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #SeaKeepChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, February 8.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc., 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.