This week we challenge you to download Shift Happens – Forest Diorama, upload it to your Sketchfab account, and adjust the settings in Sketchfab’s 3D Editor to give the model an entirely new look and feel.
UPDATE: Winner – Who let the shadows out??? (Shift Happens) by @PallaviMaruvada
To see what the judges had to say about the winning entry, head on over to the Forum.
- Download the glTF version of Shift Happens – Forest Diorama and upload it to your Sketchfab account.
- Only use the files and data from the original model (do not add sound, custom backgrounds, etc.).
- Give the model a unique title and briefly describe what settings you chose.
- Once you’ve uploaded the model to Sketchfab, edit the 3D Settings, and tag it #ShiftHappensChallenge.
- Credit Klonk Games for their model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Shift Happens - Forest Diorama](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/shift-happens-forest-diorama-752c12e293e6493282ef1d13772cc17d)" by [Klonk Games](https://sketchfab.com/klonkgames), licensed under CC Attribution.
- Submission deadline is Monday, August 12th (23:59 New York time – EDT).
Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and effective use of 3D Editor settings.
- Simon Kratz, Sketchfab Master, formerly of Klonk Games and Daedalic Entertainment Bavaria, now with Mimimi
- Mieke Roth, Rik van den Biggelaar, VRHuman, Geoffrey Marchal, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ShiftHappensChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, August 16.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.