This week we challenge you to download Thor and the Midgard Serpent, upload it to your Sketchfab account, and adjust the settings in Sketchfab’s 3D Editor to give the model an entirely new look and feel.
UPDATE: Winner – Tales of Midgard: Clash of Thor and Jormungandr by Anthony Dongallo
To see what the judges had to say about the winning entry, head over to the Forum.
For more information on the settings and capabilities of Sketchfab’s 3D Editor, check out the Help Center.
- Download the glTF version of Thor and the Midgard Serpent and upload it to your Sketchfab account.
- Only use the files and data from the original model (do not add sound, custom backgrounds, etc.)
- Give the model a unique title and briefly describe what settings you chose.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve uploaded the model to Sketchfab, edit the 3D Settings, and tag it #ThorEditorChallenge.
- Credit Matthijs de Rijk for his model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Thor and the Midgard Serpent](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/thor-and-the-midgard-serpent-2ef4c45caa35450db1b876a7f94ff79d)" by [Mr. The Rich](https://sketchfab.com/MatthijsDeRijk), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 17th (23:59 New York time – EDT).
- Matthijs de Rijk, creator of the Thor and the Midgard Serpent scene
- Phil Clark, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Geoffrey Marchal, Mieke Roth, Chris Schoch, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ThorEditorChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 21.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.