Happy New Year! For our first challenge of 2019, we invite you to model a mechanical animal. Will it be insect, mammal, fish, bird, or something else entirely? The animal world is your oyster (mechanical oyster?).
UPDATE: Winner – It is polishing time! by goldengrifon
Read our judges’ comments on the Sketchfab Forum.
TL;DR: Use your favorite modeling tools to create a mechanical animal, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #MechAnimalChallenge.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to model a mechanical animal.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- Once you’ve created your entry, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #MechAnimalChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge topic in the forum!
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Submission deadline is Monday, January 21 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Rik Biggelaar, Phil Gosch, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Mieke Roth, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #MechAnimalChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, January 25.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.