For this month’s 3D scanning challenge we want you to think small … really small. Challenge your skills and equipment to capture something tiny and interesting – a bug, a miniature, a tiny flower, a coin. If it’s small and catches your eye – give it a scan!
TL;DR: Scan something small using your favourite scanning method, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #SmallThingsChallenge.
UPDATE Winning Entry: Exoskeleton of a Cicada (mue de Cigale) by Gerpho
- 3D scan something small using your favourite scanning method.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #SmallThingsChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, July 3 (23:59 New York time – EST)
Get a closer look at things with this combo prize of a camera phone lens kit (to take your smartphone photography to the next level) and USB microscope (perfect for exploring tiny things up close and personal!)
And of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #SmallThingsChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, July 7.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.