This week we challenge you to 3D scan something related to food preparation and serving, upload your model to Sketchfab, and tag it #KitchenScanChallenge. Whether you choose to include food or drink in your scan is entirely up to you.
UPDATE: Winner – Tea Set by 3dhdscan
To see what the judges had to say about the winning entry, check out the Forum.
- Scan a piece of kitchen ware (or several) using your preferred tools and workflow.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #KitchenScanChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, September 30th (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Mieke Roth, Renafox, Geoffrey Marchal, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent, if Amazon is not available in your area)
- 3 Months of Sketchfab PRO
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #KitchenScanChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, October 4th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.