You may not have heard of knolling, but you’ve likely seen it. It’s the art of arranging similar objects into neat, organized collections and then photographing them. This week we challenge you to create a 3D scan of your own nicely arranged collection of objects, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #KnollingScanChallenge. Want some inspiration? Check out Pinterest.
UPDATE: Winner – Ferramentas de Carpinteiro by Morbase
To see what the judges had to say about the winning model, check out the Forum.
- Scan an artfully arranged collection of objects using your preferred tools and workflow.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #KnollingScanChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, December 9th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent, if Amazon is not available in your area)
- 3 Months of Sketchfab PRO
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #KnollingScanChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, December 13.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.