We were stumped about what the theme of our next scanning challenge should be when it hit us like an acorn falling from an oak: tree stumps. They’re all over the place, and they’re a great subject for scanners of all skill levels. So get out there and see what you can capture.
Please note that there is a new rule, which is intended to level the playing field a bit: if you have won a contest in the past three months, you are ineligible to win this contest. You can, of course, still participate, and you will become eligible to win again after three months have passed.
UPDATE: Winner – Artificial Stump (PBR setup) by Vitalii Uspalenko
TL;DR: 3D Scan a tree stump using your preferred tools and software, upload it to Sketchfab and tag the model #StumpChallenge.
- Scan a tree stump with your preferred scanning workflow.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #StumpChallenge.
- Share work-in-progress, tips and ask for advice on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, October 8th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Phil Gosch, Chaitanya Krishnan, Mieke Roth, Geoffrey Marchal, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- James, Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Support and Community Teams
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #StumpChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, October 12th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.