This month we challenge you to create a treasure chest—but not just any treasure chest. Make it unique, make it interesting, make it tell a story. Consider what your treasure chest is made of, where it has been, what treasure it contains, and what the future has in store for it. Creativity is key.
First Place: Treasure Chest – 1988 by Marcus Ryéll
Second Place: Treasure Chest by grigoriyarx
Third Place: The Magic Coin Multiplicator by Antony Oms
- Model and texture a treasure chest using your preferred tools and workflow.
- Upload your model to Sketchfab and tag it #TreasureChestChallenge.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- If you use concept art to create your work, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work. We also encourage you to split your prize with them, if you win.
- Submission deadline is Monday, August 30, 2021 (23:59 EDT—New York time).
Entries will be judged on quality, creativity, adherence to the challenge theme, and suitability for real-time.
- Renafox, Mieke Roth, Phil Clark, Phil Gosch, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Chris Schoch, and Geoffrey Marchal, Sketchfab Masters
- James, Sketchfab Product Specialist/Support King
- Tom, Bart, and Abby, Sketchfab Community Team
- 6 months of Sketchfab Pro
- Framed print of the winning entry
- 3 months of Sketchfab Pro
- 1 month of Sketchfab Pro
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #TreasureChestChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, September 3, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.