Edit: Challenge extended until Tuesday 7th April 2020
Did you hear? There are now more than 1700 CC0 models on Sketchfab and more are being uploaded every day. You can download this content for free to reuse, remix, and re-imagine it—and there’s no need to provide attribution.
This week we challenge you to create a composition all your own that utilizes at least three CC0 models. Upload your scene to Sketchfab and tag it #CC0RemixChallenge. (That’s CCzero, in case it’s hard to tell.) To give or get feedback on entries, head over to the Forum. And to see all the challenge entries, check out the tag gallery.
UPDATE: Winner – Collapse Light by Manoel
Even though you are not required to provide attribution for the CC0 models that you use, we encourage you to identify the organization(s) whose models you are using and link back to their account(s).
- Use your favorite software and workflow to create a scene using at least three CC0 models.
- You can combine CC0 models with other downloadable models, but if you do you must provide proper attribution credit for the models that require it.
- Editing of model geometry and textures is allowed.
- Submit only work uploaded during the contest period, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- If you use concept art to create your work, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work. We also encourage you to split your prize with them, if you win.
- Once you’ve created your entry, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #CC0RemixChallenge.
- Submission deadline is
Monday, March 23Tuesday 7th April (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- This challenge will be judged by the community—a poll will be posted in the Forum after the challenge closes. We encourage you to evaluate entries based on quality, creativity, suitability for real-time, and adherence to the challenge theme.
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final–in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #CC0RemixChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by
Friday, March 27, Friday 10th April.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.