What makes a haunted house spooky? Is it its broken shutters and unkempt yard? Or maybe the eerie noises? Or maybe the ghosts? Whatever it is, we’d like to see your version of it. We had a haunted house challenge back in 2015, but much has changed since then and you have a larger world of 3D possibilities at your fingertips. So fire up your rusty chainsaw and start carving out your place in Sketchfab’s creepy Halloween neighborhood.
UPDATE: Winner – Over the Garden Wall – Whispers by @FatOfTheLand
TL;DR: Use whatever 3D method you prefer to create a model of a haunted house. Upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #Haunted2018Challenge.
- Use any tool you like to create a 3D haunted house.
- The model can be static or animated.
- Bonus points given for annotations and sound.
- Give the model a title and a brief (max 50 words) description.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #Haunted2018Challenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Submission deadline is Monday, October 15th (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Phil Gosch, Mieke Roth, Rik van den Biggelaar, and Abby Crawford Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #Haunted2018Challenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, October 19th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.