- Download the model above.
- You can use any painting application that you want for this.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #GameBoyChallenge.
- Hand painted textures only! This means creating the textures from scratch using Photoshop or any painting software instead of images.
- You may retopologize the model geometry, but not alter the form of the model. You must also keep within the face count of teh original model: 1.6k faces.
- Credit rommalart for his model and Curlscurly for her retopology in your model description, and include a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Handpainting Challenge - Gameboy](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/handpainting-challenge-gameboy-67b9e154369c41c6aa2e7e3bb964ed12)" by [Curlscurly](https://sketchfab.com/curlscurly), and "[GameBoy Pokemon ! [1hourChallenge]](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/gameboy-pokemon-1hourchallenge-0f2b0ce9c5c44499b2f00c128b3e36b9)" by [rommalart](https://sketchfab.com/rommalart), licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create and ‘work in progress’ on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 24 (23:59 New York time – EDT).
- Curlscurly, Vlad, Rik van den Biggelaar, Kevin Cayuela Borg, James Culley, Chris Schoch, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon Voucher
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models or textures from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #GameBoyChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 28th.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.
Header image includes “Gameboy Color” by Stian Sagmoen.