This month we challenge you to create a low poly game level. Once you’ve completed your model, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #GameLevelChallenge.
UPDATE: Winner – Steam Ops by Biegnoncy
To see what the judges had to say about the winning entry, head over to the Forum.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to create a low poly game level.
- Stay under 75K triangles / 37.5K quads (Remember: your quads will be converted to triangles in the Sketchfab viewer!).
- If you use concept art to create your work, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work. We also encourage you to split your prize with them, if you win.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #GameLevelChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, February 3, 2020 (23:59 New York time – EST)
Models will be judged on their quality, imaginativeness, and effective use of Sketchfab viewer settings.
- Phil Gosch, Geoffrey Marchal, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Chris Schoch, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #GameLevelChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, February 7, 2020.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.