Nature is everywhere and this month, in partnership with Agisoft Metashape, we challenge you to scan it. Anything natural qualifies, from the great outdoors to a humble houseplant.
1st Place: Starfish & Sarcophyton – #AgisoftNatureChallenge by yuma.jp
2nd Place: Red rose by Lassi Kaukonen
3rd Place: Spider crab by Benoît Rogez
To see what the judges had to say about the winning entries, head over to the Sketchfab Forum. And to see all the entries, check out the tag gallery.
Whether you’re just getting started with Metashape or looking to level up your existing skills, we have several beginner and advanced Metashape tutorials to help you along.
- Scan something from nature using Agisoft Metashape (get a 30-day free trial here).
- Upload your model to Sketchfab using the Metashape exporter. (If you run into issues with the exporter on Windows, check out this Forum post.)
- Your model can have up to 1 million triangles.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #AgisoftNatureChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 28, 2021 (23:59 EDT—New York time)
Entries will be judged on quality, creativity, adherence to the challenge theme, and suitability for real-time.
- Nikolai Poliarnyi, Mathematician-Programmer at Agisoft
- Mieke Roth, Renafox, Phil Gosch, and Geoffrey Marchal, Sketchfab Masters
- Tom, Bart, and Abby, Sketchfab Community Team
Three winners will receive:
- Agisoft Metashape Standard Edition or an upgrade to Metashape Pro if the winner already has Standard.
- $50 Amazon gift card (or equivalent, if Amazon is not available in your area)
- 6 Months of Sketchfab Plus
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #AgisoftNatureChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, July 2, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.
I couple of questions. Do we have to upload via Metashape? Is it also possible to use some additional software to edit the model after building it in Metashape?
1. Yes you should upload via the built in Metashape > Sketchfab exporter
2. No you should not tweak or edit the 3D model beyond the reconstruction in Metashape (although you can decimate, bake normal + occlusion maps from inside Metashape if you want to)
Thanks, that works for me!