Nature is everywhere and this month, in partnership with Agisoft Metashape, we challenge you to scan it. Anything natural qualifies, from the great outdoors to a humble houseplant.
Whether you’re just getting started with Metashape or looking to level up your existing skills, we have several beginner and advanced Metashape tutorials to help you along.
- Scan something from nature using Agisoft Metashape (get a 30-day free trial here).
- Upload your model to Sketchfab using the Metashape exporter. (If you run into issues with the exporter on Windows, check out this Forum post.)
- Your model can have up to 1 million triangles.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #AgisoftNatureChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 28, 2021 (23:59 EDT—New York time)
Entries will be judged on quality, creativity, adherence to the challenge theme, and suitability for real-time.
- Nikolai Poliarnyi, Mathematician-Programmer at Agisoft
- Mieke Roth, Renafox, Phil Gosch, and Geoffrey Marchal, Sketchfab Masters
- Tom, Bart, and Abby, Sketchfab Community Team
Three winners will receive:
- Agisoft Metashape Standard Edition or an upgrade to Metashape Pro if the winner already has Standard.
- $50 Amazon gift card (or equivalent, if Amazon is not available in your area)
- 6 Months of Sketchfab Plus
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #AgisoftNatureChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, July 2, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.