What would you take with you on an adventure deep into the leafy Amazon, or across the sandy Sahara? Whatever it might be, it would have to have as few polys as possible because you’d need to pack light. This week we’re challenging you to make a low poly adventure prop that would serve a useful purpose on any sort of adventure.
UPDATE: Winner – Low Poly Hand-painted Nautical Sextant by se7en23
TL;DR: Use your favorite modeling tools to create a low poly (<10k polys) adventure prop, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #LowPolyAdventure.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to model an object that you might take on an adventure.
- Only one prop per entry
- Stay under 10K polygons
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple props.
- Once you’ve created your prop, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #LowPolyAdventure.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge topic in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, September 17 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Mieke Roth, Rik van den Biggelaar, Nestor Marques, Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #LowPolyAdventure to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, September 21.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.