This one should be a piece of cake. 😉 This week we challenge you to model a low poly dessert using your preferred tools and workflow, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #LowPolyDessertChallenge. (Be sure to use the double-s in “dessert”…a “LowPolyDesertChallenge” would be something else entirely.)
UPDATE: Winner – Kanom Thai // Thai Desserts by Alan Robinson
To see what the judges had to say about the winning entry, check out the Forum.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to model a low poly dessert.
- Any texturing method is allowed, e.g., hand painted, PBR, vertex color.
- Stay under 10K triangles / 5K quads (Remember: your quads will be converted to triangles in the Sketchfab viewer!).
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- Once you’ve created your plant, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #LowPolyDessertChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, September 9 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Phil Gosch, Mieke Roth, Phil Clark, VRHuman, Rik van den Biggelaar, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #LowPolyDessertChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, September 13.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.