A hedgehog’s hut, a badger’s burrow, and a lark’s loft all have one thing in common: they’re woodland hideaways. This week we challenge you to imagine a creature’s woodland hideaway and create it in 3D. Keep your entry under 50k triangles and tag it #WoodlandHideawayChallenge to enter.
UPDATE: Winner – The Woodland Pumpkin Encounter by VanillaBurp
- Use your favorite software and workflow to create a woodland creature’s hideaway.
- Stay under 50k triangles, keeping in mind that quads and n-Gons are converted to triangles in the Sketchfab viewer.
- If you base your entry on existing concept art, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work. We also encourage you to split your prize with them, if you win.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #WoodlandHideawayChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, March 22, 2021 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
Models will be judged on their quality, creativity, presentation, adherence to the challenge theme, and effective use of Sketchfab viewer settings.
- Mieke Roth, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Phil_XG,Geoffrey Marchal, and Chris Schoch, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart, Tom, and Abby, Community Team
One winner will receive:
- A framed art print of the winning entry
- $50 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #WoodlandHideawayChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, March 26, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc., 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.