This month we’re teaming up with CapturingReality for a 3D Scanning challenge. Just take photos of your favorite toy and process it in RealityCapture, upload it to Sketchfab using RealityCapture’s built in exporter, and tag it #RCToyChallenge.
To help you on your way, CapturingReality is giving each entrant 20 EUR RealityCapture PPI credits to enter! Read on for more details.
Toys. Each of us had or still has their favourite toy. It really doesn’t matter what it is as long as there is a positive emotion attached to it. From plush toys to toy cars or lego bricks. Let’s be creative! This challenge is also a perfect opportunity for those who have not tried RealityCapture PPI yet, to explore the benefits of this licensing as we are offering limited number of PPI credits for the duration of contest.
UPDATE: Winner – Plywood Car by Vitalii Uspalenko
How to apply for your RealityCapture PPI Credits
- Use this form to submit:
- A link to your Sketchfab profile.
- The email registered to your Sketchfab profile.
- A description of the toy you intend to scan.
- You will receive your redeem code via email.
- Log into or register for a Capturing Reality account and redeem your code at capturingreality.com/my.redeem
- NOTE: All redeem codes will expire on March 31st 2020, the PPI credits will not expire once redeemed.
- Scan your favorite toy and use RealityCapture to process the model. Download the free version here, beginners video guide here.
- Important: Use the built-in Sketchfab uploader in when posting your entry to give your model the ‘Uploaded with RealityCapture exporter’ badge:
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab using the Sketchfab Uploader within RealityCapture, tag it #RCToyChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Tuesday, March 31, 2020 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Jana Budosova, Capturing Reality
- Warkarma, Mieke Roth, Phil Gosch, Geoffrey Marchal, Chris Schoch, Renafox, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team
- 200 EUR of RealityCapture PPI credits
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestant’s models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #RCToyChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Monday, April 6, 2020.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.