This week we challenge you to model a cute robot using your preferred tools and workflow, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #CuteRobotChallenge. The topic, originally suggested by Kidus Eshetu, was selected by the community by popular vote. In truth, cute robots tied with retro electronics—the Sketchfab Community Team broke the tie by flipping a coin. 🙂
At the end of the challenge, you, the community, will be invited to vote on the winner. We’ll post a topic in the forum when it’s time to vote.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to model a cute robot.
- Submit only work uploaded during the contest period, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- If you use concept art to create your work, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work.
- Once you’ve created your entry, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #CuteRobotChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, September 23 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- You and the rest of the Sketchfab community
We encourage you to evaluate entries based on quality, creativity, suitability for real-time, and adherence to the challenge theme.
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final–in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #CuteRobotChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, September 27.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.