Like everyone else, our hearts were broken when we heard that Daft Punk was disbanding. So this month our challenge is a tribute to the innovative nature of Daft Punk and their music. Create something that would fit in their futuristic, electronic, holographic universe, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #DaftPunkUniverseChallenge.
First Place – Daft Punk 1993-2021 by LisHard
Runner Up – Clear_Cmos by Naxyo
Runner Up – Daft Punk Memorial #DaftPunkUniverseChallenge by alanabrasche
NOTE: Do not upload Daft Punk’s music to accompany your model! Only upload music that you have permission to use.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to model a scene reminiscent of Daft Punk’s style.
- Submit only work uploaded during the contest period, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- If you incorporate existing, openly licensed 3D models in your work, you must properly credit the creator(s), and link back to their work.
- If you use concept art to create your work, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work. We also encourage you to split your prize with them, if you win.
- Once you’ve created your entry, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #DaftPunkUniverseChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, March 29, 2021 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
Judges will evaluate entries based on quality, creativity, presentation, suitability for real-time, and adherence to the challenge theme.
- Alban, Co-founder and CEO of Sketchfab
- Mieke Roth, Phil Gosch, Warkarma, Renafox, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Chris Schoch, and Geoffrey Marchal, Sketchfab Masters
- Luis, Sketchfab Store Associate
- Bart, Tom, and Abby, Sketchfab Community Team
- Daft Punk’s debut album Homework on vinyl
- A Crosley turntable
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus
**Note: if the vinyl and/or turntable are unavailable in the winner’s geographic region, they will receive the cash equivalent of those prizes.
Two Runners Up
- $25 Amazon gift card (or equivalent)
- 3 months of Sketchfab Plus
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision is final–in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Winners who receive a shipped prize will be responsible for any import taxes or fees connected with the shipping of their prize.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #DaftPunkUniverseChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.