Update: here’s our winner!
This week we’ll be sailin’ to hidden ports, be huntin’ fer booty and be drinkin’ large amounts o’ grog, by Davy Jones’ locker! Model any piratey scene, character or prop in low poly style t’ enter, and dinna spare the whip! Ye could even set yer scene up fer V-Arrrr! 😉
TL;DR: Design any Pirate scene, character or attribute in a low-poly style, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it with #PiratesChallenge.
- Design any Pirate scene, character or attribute in a low-poly style.
- Stay under 25k polygons.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #PiratesChallenge.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, February 12th (23:59 New York time – EST)
- NomadKing, dark-minaz, Kevin Cayuela Borg and Rik van den Biggelaar,
- Tom and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team.
The winner receives a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #PiratesChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, February 16.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.