This month we’re throwing a community modeling challenge and the topic is one that was suggested by Sketchfab user neuroup back in September: Retro Electronics. Just create a model of retro electronics (real or imagined) using your preferred modeling tools and workflow, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #RetroElectronicsChallenge. At the end of the challenge, you and the rest of the community will be invited to judge the entries and choose a winner.
UPDATE: Winner – Retro Vibes by cmartin3D
- Use your favorite modeling software and workflow to model one or more examples of retro electronics (real or imagined).
- Once you’ve created your entry, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #RetroElectronicsChallenge.
- Submit only work uploaded during the contest period, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- If you use concept art to create your work, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work. We also encourage you to split your prize with them, if you win.
- Submission deadline is Monday, December 2 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- You and the rest of the Sketchfab community
We encourage you to evaluate entries based on quality, creativity, suitability for real-time, and adherence to the challenge theme.
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final–in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #RetroElectronicsChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by
Friday, December 6,Tuesday, December 10, 2019.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.