You may have seen that it’s time for Inktober® 2019. We love all the inked 2D art from the contest, so we are taking on Inktober® and challenging you to make a daily black and white doodle in 3D.
Just follow along with the Inktober® 2019 calendar and create a new 3D model in black-and-white style every day for the month of October. Upload your models to Sketchfab and tag them with #3DInktober2019 and the daily tag.
At the end of the month we will raffle off three prizes; everybody who created models for all 31 of the topics will be entered into the raffle. We’ll also offer a fourth prize: Inktober® founder Jake Parker will select his favorite model from the challenge entries.
- Use any tool and workflow you like to create your models.
- The models can be static or animated.
- Give your models titles and brief (max 50 words) descriptions.
- Submit only new work (make your models downloadable if you don’t have enough upload credits).
- Once you’ve created your models, upload them to Sketchfab, find the tag for that day’s topic and add it to your model.
- Post your model on the daily Forum topic to help inspire other participants.
- Use the #3DInktober2019 hashtag if you want to share your entries on social media.
- All 31 submissions must be complete by November 1st, 2019 in order to be eligible for the raffle drawing (23:59 New York time – EDT)
If you complete all 31 of the topics by November 1, you will be entered into a raffle to win one of three:
- $100 Amazon vouchers
- 1 year of Sketchfab PRO
- Inktober® 2019 T-shirts
Bonus prize for a fourth lucky winner! Jake Parker, the founder of Inktober®, will select his favorite model from the challenge entries. The winner of this prize will also receive a $100 Amazon voucher, 3 months of Sketchfab PRO, and an Inktober® 2019 T-shirt.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- Entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged correctly to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, November 8th, 2019.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.
Inktober is a registered trademark of J.P. Creative, LLC, used with permission.