Welcome to the final round of our first Progressive Challenge, a new type of challenge that draws on the many skills of our community members to take a model from idea to completion in four neat steps. We have a winning animation from the 3rd round, and now it’s time to make it look even better using Sketchfab’s 3D Editor.
Round 4: 3D Editor
TL;DR: Download the winning entry from the last round, upload it to Sketchfab, make it look great using the settings in the 3D Editor, and tag it #MythCreature-3DEditor.
- Download the FBX version of the winning model from Round 3.
- Upload the winning model to your Sketchfab account and tag it #MythCreature-3DEditor.
- Edit the look and feel of the model using the tools in Sketchfab’s 3D Editor. To learn more about what you can do with the editor, check out the Help Center.
- Your upload must be <50MB total
- Credit toomanydemons, Wiktoria Kubien, and Ozhogi for their model, texture, and animation in your model description, and add a link back to the originals by adding this Markdown code:
Based on "[Arachne, Weaver of the Gods](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/arachne-weaver-of-the-gods-1eafa0bf9508469eb9553a763aebbdd9)" by [toomanydemons](https://sketchfab.com/toomanydemons), and "[MythCreature Round 2, Arachne](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/mythcreature-round-2-arachne-for-download-b414583861b24c94841f2b47e70fd89a)" by [Wiktoria Kubien](https://sketchfab.com/wiktoria.kubien), and "[MythCreature Round 3 - Animation](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/mythcreature-round-3-animation-d2b0caa77a41441fbf8a0357eaebd67b)" by [Ozhogi](https://sketchfab.com/ozhogi) licensed under CC Attribution.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, tag it #MythCreature-3DEditor.
- Share what you’re planning to create on your own WIP thread in the forum!
- If you have won a weekly challenge in the past 3 months, you are ineligible to win this challenge. We still encourage you to test your skills and participate!
- Submission deadline is Wednesday, May 1, 2019 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Toomanydemons, TonyS, Guest Judges
- Mieke Roth, Rik van den Biggelaar, Geoffrey Marchal, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Phil Gosch, Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- James, Sketchfab Product Specialist
- The winner of each round will receive a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #MythCreature-3DEditor to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Monday, May 6, 2019.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.