With 96 spooky entries, deciding the winners was especially difficult! The top three, however, are no hollow victories.
Halloween is fast approaching, so it’s time to bring out the pumpkins and carve your Jack-o’-lantern! We’re super excited to have Wacom’s support for this challenge – they’re providing several Intuos tablets as well as a Bamboo Duo stylus pen as prizes!
For this challenge, we’re providing you with a 3D scan of a pumpkin as a starting point. Download it, open it with your favourite sculpting software and start carving and sculpting! While this challenge is focused on sculpting, you’ll get extra points for adding scary lighting and atmosphere.
TL;DR: Download the pumpkin base model, sculpt it any way you like. Publish it on Sketchfab and tag it #PumpkinCarvingChallenge.
- Work only on the provided pumpkin model – download it from Mieke Roth’s Sketchfab remeshed model (which is based on a 3D scan by Sketchfab team member Maurice Svay).
- Adding an environment is allowed (ie scary lighting and atmosphere).
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple models.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #PumpkinCarvingChallenge.
- As this work is derived from a Creative Commons model, you must Credit Mieke Roth for her model in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this Markdown code:
Based on “[Pumpkin](https://sketchfab.com/models/5866a5b13bac4a01918d2b1eb80ad2ff)” by [Maurice Svay](https://sketchfab.com/mauricesvay), licensed under Creative Commons Attribution.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, October 30 (23:59 New York time – EST)
- Tom, Seori and Bart, Sketchfab Community Team.
- Mieke Roth, Sketchfab Master.
- Jacob Curtis, Social Media Specialist at Wacom.
1st place: Intuos Pro Medium – $350
For artists and designers who want to work completely digital from start to finish, Wacom Intuos Pro lets you illustrate, edit or design with more natural creative control than ever before.
2nd place: Intuos model of your choice – $99
Wacom’s line of creative pen tablets include a range of choices for your creative interests. The Intuos line up is a great place to start, especially for drawing, sketching and photo activities.
You can select an Intuos Art small, Intuos Draw small, Intuos Comic small, or Intuos Photo small.
3rd place: Bamboo Duo – $30
Touchscreen or paper? With the two-in-one Bamboo Duo, you can smoothly write and draw on both – either with its carbon fiber tip or its black ballpoint pen.
All winners will also receive 3 months of Sketchfab PRO.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged with #PumpkinCarvingChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Tuesday, October 31.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.