This week we challenge you to flex your sculpting muscles by adding hair to one of the pre-supplied heads below. Just download the model, choose the head that you want to add hair to, and get to work.
UPDATE: Winner – [HairSculptChallenge] Ame by Chellew
To see what the judges had to say about the winning model, check out the Forum.
TL;DR: Download the above model, sculpt hair onto the head of your choice using your preferred tools and workflow, upload the model to Sketchfab and tag it #HairSculptChallenge.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to sculpt some hair onto one of the provided heads.
- Stay under 3M polys for head and hair together.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #HairSculptChallenge.
- Credit Mark Krawiec (original heads) and Mieke Roth (retopologized heads) for the models
Based on "[Head Sculpts #1 - A Dive into Facial Anatomy](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/head-sculpts-1-a-dive-into-facial-anatomy-aad3c9517f4f484db61e6636b40fadbb)" by [Mark Krawiec](https://sketchfab.com/markkrawiec), and "[Heads](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/heads-59472421404e44c59ac194fa5a78797f?share=41825cf5abc04e6d311097344a3888f11b56c4eb0922a2c168d81227bb05e9e0)" by [Mieke Roth](https://sketchfab.com/miekeroth), licensed under CC Attribution.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge topic in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, May 27, 2019 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Christoph Schoch, Mieke Roth, Phil Gosch, Rik van den Biggelaar, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Geoffrey Marchal, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- The winner of each round will receive a $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon), and of course we’ll add three months of Sketchfab PRO to your account.
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #HairSculptChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, May 31, 2019.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.