This month we challenge you to create a kaiju, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #KaijuChallenge. This challenge has two categories that will be judged separately—high poly and low poly—so be sure to also tag your model with the appropriate category: #KaijuChallengeHP or #KaijuChallengeLP.
High Poly: Transapient Kaiju
Low Poly: Vulcan Kaiju
- Use your favorite software and workflow to model a kaiju.
- Low poly entries must be <= 50k triangles/25k quads; high poly entries must be > 50k triangles/25k quads.
- Submit only work uploaded during the contest period, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- If you use concept art to create your work, be sure to ask permission from the concept artist, credit them, and link back to their work. We also encourage you to split your prize with them, if you win.
- Once you’ve created your entry, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #KaijuChallenge.
- If your model is being submitted in the high poly category (>50k polys), also tag it #KaijuChallengeHP
- If your model is being submitted in the low poly category (<=50k polys), also tag it #KaijuChallengeLP
- Submission deadline is Monday, October 5, 2020 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
Judges will evaluate entries based on quality, creativity, presentation, suitability for real-time, and adherence to the challenge theme.
- Tanner Kalstrom, CEO of GameTextures.com
- Mieke Roth, Geoffrey Marchal, Christoph Schoch, and Phil Gosch, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
Two winners—one for best high poly entry and one for best low poly entry—will take home:
- 12-month freelancer subscription to GameTextures.com
- 12 months of Sketchfab Plus
- $50 Amazon gift card (or equivalent)
- Framed art print of the winning entry
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision is final–in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Winners who receive a shipped prize will be responsible for any import taxes or fees connected with the shipping of their prize.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #KaijuChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, October 9, 2020.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.