Welcome to our first monthly challenge, intended to give community members more time to participate in Sketchfab’s contests. The format and prizes will vary from month to month, so if this month’s challenge doesn’t thrill you, check in again next month. You may submit entries from September 2 until September 30.
We’re opening our inaugural monthly challenge up to modelers, low poly artists, hand painters, sculptors, and scanners. The theme is mushrooms (September is National Mushroom Month in the United States). Just create your model, upload it to Sketchfab, and tag it #MushroomChallenge.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to create a mushroom model.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- Once you’ve created your mushroom, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #MushroomChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, September 30 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
Models will be judged on their quality and effective use of Sketchfab viewer settings.
- Rik van den Biggelaar, Chris Schoch, Phil Gosch, Geoffrey Marchal, VRHuman, Mieke Roth, Kevin Cayuela Borg, and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #MushroomChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, October 4.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.