This week the Sketchfab Store team challenges you to create an original superhero—pay attention to the uniqueness of your character, their superpowers and characteristics. Your imagination and creativeness will be the key here.
Once you’ve created your character and uploaded it to Sketchfab, tag your model #StoreSuperheroChallenge to enter. We also encourage you to add your entries to your Sketchfab Store, if you are a seller, and to apply to become a seller, if you’re not already.
About the Sketchfab Store
The Sketchfab Store was born out of popular demand and, in 3 short years, has become one of the leading platforms to buy and sell 3D assets. We strongly encourage you to become a seller and make your challenge entries available for sale. If you’re not yet a seller on the Sketchfab Store, apply now.
- Use your favorite software and workflow to model an original superhero—rigged characters are encouraged.
- Give your superhero a name and share their story. In your model description, tell us about your superhero’s backstory, superpowers, and their motivations.
- Add relevant categories and tags to make your model more discoverable.
- Submit only work uploaded during the contest period, but feel free to submit multiple entries.
- Use only your original creations in your submissions (Public domain CC0 content can be incorporated, however).
- Once you’ve created your entry, upload it to Sketchfab and tag it #StoreSuperheroChallenge.
- Submission deadline is
Monday, April 5, 2021DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY APRIL 19, 2021 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
Judges will evaluate entries based on quality, creativity, presentation, suitability for real-time, and adherence to the challenge theme.
- Avtandil and Luis, Sketchfab Store Team
- Dark-minaz and Phil Gosch, Sketchfab Masters
- Abby, Sketchfab Community Team
Any winning entries that are available in the Sketchfab Store will receive promotion on social media and in Sketchfab Store advertising.
- XP-Pen Deco 01 V2 Graphics Tablet
- 12 months of Sketchfab Plus
- Framed art print of the second place entry
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus
- Sketchfab hoodie
- 3 months of Sketchfab Plus
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decision is final–in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Winners who receive a shipped prize will be responsible for any import taxes or fees connected with the shipping of their prize.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #StoreSuperheroChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winner will be contacted by Friday, April 23, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.