Why stop at one blade when you can have two? Go big or go home. This week we challenge you to download and texture this axe (available under a public domain CC0 license), upload it to your Sketchfab account, and tag it #AxeTexturingChallenge.
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Modifying model geometry, adding props or extra scenery is not allowed in this challenge.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #AxeTexturingChallenge.
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 1, 2020 (23:59 New York time, EDT)
- Mieke Roth, Phil Gosch, Kevin Cayuela Borg, and Geoffrey Marchal, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart, Tom, and Abby, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #AxeTexturingChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property rights as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.