This week we challenge you to texture this riding robot, originally by Paul Hoekstra and UV mapped by Paul Chambers. Just download it, texture it, and upload it to Sketchfab with the tag #RobotTextureChallenge.
UPDATE: Winner – Droid 027 – Texturing Challenge: Riding Robot by @henryrietra
To read what the judges had to say about the winning model, check out the Forum!
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- Changing scenery, adding props and extra geometry is not allowed in this challenge.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #RobotTextureChallenge.
- Credit Paul Hoekstra for his model and Paul Chambers for the UV unwrapping in your model description, and add a link back to the original by adding this markdown code:
Based on "[Riding Robot](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/riding-robot-57bd02efc1ed447f83528265a92cddbd)" by [Paul Hoekstra](https://sketchfab.com/paulhoekstra), and "[Robot SF-U Vs](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/robot-sf-u-vs-e29c8f1db48740cfa798d3bcdcf46be3)" by [Paul Chambers](https://sketchfab.com/paulchambers3d) licensed under CC Attribution-ShareAlike.
- Share what you’re planning to create on the challenge thread in the forum!
- Submission deadline is Monday, June 3 (23:59 New York time – EDT)
- Dark-minaz, Renafox, Mieke Roth and Abby Crawford, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart and Tom, Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 3 months of Sketchfab PRO to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #RobotTextureChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property rights as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, June 7.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.