This week we challenge you to texture zixisun02‘s charming Shiba. Download the untextured model, use your preferred tools and workflow to texture it, upload your finished model to Sketchfab, and tag it #ShibaTexturingChallenge. What direction will you go with it? Steampunk shiba, undead shiba, droid shiba, fairy princess shiba, or something else entirely?
UPDATE: Winner – Shiba is Bad Guy by grigoriyarx
- Download the untextured model and use your preferred tools and workflow to texture it.
- If you need to update the UV mapping, that’s ok.
- You can add textures for any of the supported PBR channels.
- Modifying model geometry, adding props or extra scenery is not allowed in this challenge.
- Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
- Once you’ve created your scene, upload it to Sketchfab, tag it #ShibaTexturingChallenge.
- Credit zixisun02 in your model description, and add a link back to the original by copy-pasting this markdown code into your model description:
Based on [Shiba](https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/shiba-faef9fe5ace445e7b2989d1c1ece361c) by [zixisun02](https://sketchfab.com/dogerlo), licensed under CC-Attribution.
- Submission deadline is Monday, March 29, 2021 (23:59 New York time, EDT)
- Mieke Roth, Kevin Cayuela Borg, Chris Schoch, and Geoffrey Marchal, Sketchfab Masters
- Bart, Tom, and Abby Sketchfab Community Team
- $100 Amazon gift card (or equivalent if you don’t have access to Amazon)
- 6 months of Sketchfab Plus to your account
Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering this competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the conditions.
- This is a contest for individuals, no teams.
- No alternative prizes available. The prize draw is not open to Sketchfab employees or their families.
- No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet, all entries must be original works.
- The judges’ decisions are final – in case of dispute, no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winning entries will be documented and may be used for promotional purposes.
- Contestants’ models must be uploaded to Sketchfab and tagged #ShibaTexturingChallenge to be considered.
- Winners retain all Intellectual Property rights as per Sketchfab standard Terms and Conditions.
- Winners and winning entries may be required to take part in any publicity resulting from this competition.
- The winners will be contacted by Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Promoter: Sketchfab Inc, 1123 Broadway, Suite 501, New York, NY 10010, USA.